Sunday 13 November 2016

First Impressions & Why I Ditched the Make-up Wipes!


Up until the last few months is when I would say that I've properly got into a skin care routine. Like everyone else, I thought it was too much effort and even though I've probably tried every skin care product under the sun, I couldn't possibly tell you what they are actually used for *oops*. So when I heard on the grapevine that we shouldn't be using wipes to take off our makeup, I was like what the hell am I suppose to use now???

Either way I followed the crowd and decided to use a Clinique cream cleanser that my Mum had sitting in her bedroom. I had no idea what I was doing of course but I didn't let that faze me. I moisturised the product into my fully caked foundation face and used a flannel soaked in warm water to remove the makeup and VOILA! (that's French for there it is - in case you didn't know).

THAT'S WHEN I WAS CONVERTED

Ever since that day, I have used a wipe probably once or twice! (obviously this is only acceptable behaviour when you've had a night out and you really cba to do your full routine). I've notice that my skin feels so much softer, cleaner and smoother whereas the wipes felt harsh and raw on my sensitive, acne-prone face. 

I've now been on the hunt for other cleansers that are more budget friendly than my Clinique one and I recently saw an advert for the Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Oil. I'd never tried anything from that brand before but after seeing such positive reviews from Louise Pentland and Tanya Burr, I just knew that I had to jump on the bandwagon. 


I picked it up on offer at Superdrug for only £3.45 which was an absolute bargain. With no artificial perfumes or colours and loaded with multi-vitamins, it claims to "dissolve make-up with no greasy residue". So I gave it a go last night...


You apply a couple of drops to your hands, then massage gently over your face and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Pretty straightforward stuff and it didn't disappoint! THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING! It's quick, easy and feels amazing on your skin - I was really impressed! All my make-up had melted away, leaving me with a squeaky clean yet hydrated appearance. 

As with any other make-up remover, I went in with my final step of the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to get rid of any lasting traces of foundation, mascara, etc. 

24 hours on and I've woken up with no new breakouts which is a plus for me!

I'm giving it 5 stars:
  • student budget friendly 
  • it does exactly what it says on the tin
  • suitable for all skin types

X


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig