Sunday 20 November 2016

My Current Skincare Routine | November 2016


I think we can all relate to repeatedly putting our alarm on snooze about 300 times before we actually get out of bed and the last thing you want to do is take part in any strenuous activity at 6am. That is why I have came up with a skincare routine that uses a handful of products and can be achieved within 10 minutes!

STEP 1: Finding a face wash that doesn't aggravate my skin can be a bit of a challenge. However, I was surprised to find that the face wash that I would be using for the next 6 months would be one from the supermarket! I think that supermarket own brands sometimes get overlooked so I would definitely recommend going into your local and checking what they have! The one that caught my eye was the Sainsbury's Facial Wash with Vitamin E - now I've looked online but it seems as though they've discontinued it *inserts heartbreak emoji here*. Anyway, I squeeze out a decent sized amount of the product which is kind of like a gel texture and lather it onto my face.

STEP 2: A couple of months ago, I decided to invest in a cleansing brush but I didn't want to spend a fortune on the likes of a Clarisonic. Instead, I opted for a cheaper alternative; the No 7 Beautiful Cleansing Brush - costing around £25. It has two speed settings depending on what kind of cleanse you want. I like to work the brush in circular motions around my soapy face for about 30 seconds, anything longer leaves my skin feeling quite dry and tight.

STEPS 3 & 4: Something I've recently started doing is mixing The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil with my moisturisers. As mentioned in previous blog posts, I have acne prone skin and since using this product, I've noticed my complexion clear up quite quickly! 



I like to alternate between moisturisers depending on what I'm doing on the day. If I'm not going anywhere, I tend to go for my La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I've been using this for over a year ever since I saw Chloe Miles rave about it! The Effaclar Duo helps to control shine and fade blemishes. Again, it's another gel like formula which can be quite drying on the skin and that's why I add a couple of drops of the tea tree oil in for an added boost of moisture!


For the days where I have a bit more human interaction, I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. The recent cold weather has left my skin looking a bit dull and this product is perfect! It's light, non-greasy and sinks right into the skin leaving me with a fresh, glowy look. A little goes a long way and I like to use this before I prime my face - it creates the perfect base for applying my makeup. 


STEP 5: Last but not least in my routine is an eye cream. I'm 20 years old but I look about 12 which is definitely going to work in my favour once I reach the age of 50 🙂.  An eye cream is something that I have only recently introduced into my routine but it has made such a difference! I've used cheaper alternatives but nothing compares to The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream. I apply this twice a day and it helps to reduce the bags around my eyes  *you know what it's like being a student - pulling all-nighters to get sh*t done* and brightens my under eyes too. 


X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig