Monday 7 November 2016

My Favourite Concealers




If you've been a long term sufferer of acne like me then you will understand the struggle of finding a concealer that doesn't emphasise your spots or make it look cakey. Thankfully, my acne seems to be clearing up after years of having terrible skin, I have finally found three concealers that work for me. 

It's probably best to mention that I have combination skin before I go any further with this post - so what works for me, may not work for you! :) 

First up is the Sleek Correct and Conceal Palette. As the name suggests, the palette contains a concealer, corrector and a setting powder. I find using the lightest shade on any blemishes before I apply my foundation works best for me. I tend to avoid the darker shade but every now and then, I use it to contour my face. The setting powder contains an SPF of 15 and I actually find that this doubles up as the perfect neutral eyeshadow shade. 

The consistency of this product is quite light so this is ideal if you're after a very natural, no makeup look! Available at Superdrug and Boots




Next up is a cult classic amongst YouTubers and bloggers. It's the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I use this every single day without fail and it never lets me down. I love using this concealer under my eyes and to highlight my nose, I then set it with a good translucent powder and I'm pretty much good to go. This is also an ideal product if you've had a breakout because it covers just about any spot!

If I'm going somewhere like a party for example and I want a higher coverage base, then I use this concealer in a shade darker before I apply my foundation and it works brilliantly!





Last but not least is the Primark PS... Pro Longwear CC Concealer. This is my go to concealer as it does exactly what it says on the tin. Don't let the colour of this concealer alarm you. Long-wearing, yes it is! It is the cheapest product in this post at only £2.50 but it certainly delivers. I was apprehensive about trying Primark's makeup range and just like everyone else, I jumped to conclusions and thought it would be really sh*t - how wrong was I??? 

Acne scarring takes months (even years) to get rid of yet this concealer covers it in just one swipe! The green corrector is ideal for masking redness - I don't know how I've survived so long without a corrector because it makes all the difference in how your makeup looks! It's not too light but it's thick enough to last an entire day. 




X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig