Sunday 27 November 2016

LIQUID LIPSTICKS: YAY OR NAY?



Anyone who knows me will know it's very rare to see me without lipstick! Although I have a relatively small collection, I tend to stick to one colour until I get bored of it. I never thought anything would replace my trusty Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 until the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick walked into my life!

I spontaneously bought it after debating it for about two months and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made! *ok, that sounds a bit dramatic but new makeup REALLY excites me* 😅.  Now I LOVE a good red lip and even though some people say it's not appropriate for everyday wear, it's what I feel most comfortable in!

The shade "Cherry Skies" is very similar to Rimmel's 107 but I think it's 100% better! Obviously the colour will differ on everyone but for someone that has an Asian skin tone like me, Cherry Skies is a deep burgundy colour.

The two are around the same price bracket however the pigmentation of the NYX Liquid Lipstick just wins purely for the pigmentation which is essential if you eat 24/7 like me - this stuff does not budge! I'm really impressed with the staying power and I reckon you could get at least 6-8 hours wear out of it which is pretty incredible for only £6.50! I love that the formula isn't majorly sticky, thick or gloopy which is what I was expecting. As for the wand, I'm not it's number one fan and if NYX were to make one improvement on this product, I would say this is the area they need to look into but I'm willing to overlook it due to the fact the actual liquid lipstick is AMAZING!


What I would say is that liquid lipsticks are a bit like winged eyeliner in the sense that practise makes perfect!

THREE TIPS FOR APPLICATION:
1.  USE A LIP SCRUB - THIS GETS RID OF ANY DEAD SKIN
2.  USE A LIP LINER - IT MAKES THE WHOLE APPLICATION PROCESS A LOT EASIER
3.  TWO COATS MAXIMUM - TO AVOID FLAKY LIPS

Overall, I can't fault this product! It's comfortable on the lips without making them feel dry, a little goes a long way and there's a colour for pretty much anyone!

Perfect for party season or even if you're looking for new item to put on your Christmas list, then I totally recommend this product! 









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig